News Organisation Follow the news on Lebanon News January 14, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information LebanonMiddle East – North Africa News News Reporters Without Borders welcomed the resumption of broadcasting yesterday by Future TV and Future News and Radio Orient, and the reappearance today of the daily al-Mustakbal – four media owned by Future Movement leader, Saâd Hariri, which were silenced for five days by Hezbollah. LebanonMiddle East – North Africa to go further February 4, 2021 Find out more Lebanese journalist found shot dead in car Future TV and satellite news channel Future News, as well as Radio Orient were back on air yesterday from 4.30pm. The daily al-Mustakbal appeared again the following day, all at new premises, in the Sin el-fil district of Beirut. Director of news, Imad Assi, confirmed the resumption to Reporters Without Borders, adding, “We don’t have the same technical capacity in these premises, but we are determined that our voice should be heard again.”Presenter Najat Sharafeddin said the harassment from Hezbollah would undoubtedly have a harmful effect on the working climate for Lebanon’s journalists.“While we are pleased that these four media have reopened, this does not change the fact that the actions of Hezbollah are unacceptable,” the worldwide press freedom organisation said. “The party, which trumpeted its commitment to press freedom when its TV station al-Manar was banned from broadcasting on the Eutelsat, is threatening the gains of the Lebanese press which until now has enjoyed a freedom unequalled in the region”. RSF_en November 11, 2020 Find out more Receive email alerts May 14, 2008 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Media affiliated to Future Movement back at work after five-day stoppage Lebanon : Violence against reporters becoming more frequent in Lebanon Forum on Information and Democracy 250 recommendations on how to stop “infodemics” Elsewhere, journalists unions reported that several of their members had been attacked on the fringe of clashes between Hezbollah militants and government supporters.On the same subject:9.05.2008 – Hezbollah threats force rival party’s news media to close
Although few could imagine two years ago, when the preparation of a demanding candidacy began, that Kvarner would win the competition with some of the most desirable tourist destinations in the world, yesterday the dream of several visionaries of Kvarner tourism became a reality!In strong competition, Kvarner first entered the finals of the destination, then beat the Swiss city of Lugano and hosted the World Skål Congress in 2020, which will be held in Opatija and Rijeka, under the motto “SKÅL CONGRESS IN THE EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2020 ”.This is a victory that proves that only joint battles can win great battles, said the director of the Kvarner Tourist Board and the president of the SKÅL Club Kvarner. dr.sc. Irene Persic Zivadinov and added how immeasurable it is proud and congratulated to the whole team on a job well done as well as to all who believed in and supported them. ”“I believe that with the status of the host of the World SKÅL Congress and the simultaneous status of Rijeka as the European Capital of Culture in 2020, we will do great things for the tourism of Kvarner. Events of such profiles are of immeasurable importance for the tourism of Kvarner and Croatia. This victory is just the beginning and is a big commitment. We have a big job ahead of us in preparing the congress to present Kvarner, and especially the host cities Rijeka and Opatija in the best light. In 2020, we will use this unique opportunity to show the participants our Kvarner in the light it deserves. ” concludes Peršić Živadinov.During the congress, it held a series of promotional presentations, presentations and workshops, with an indispensable cultural and entertainment program and a specially made five-minute film about the destination, which certainly contributed to the victory of Kvarner.Members of SKÅL Club Kvarner, led by the president of the club and the president of the Organizing Committee, who is also the director of the Kvarner Tourist Board, Ph.D. Irena Peršić Živadinov, representatives of the Kvarner Tourist Board, Rijeka Tourist Board, Opatija Tourist Board, as well as SKÅL International Croatia. Great support in the preparation of the presentation, and by lobbying and personal presence at the congress in Kenya, was given by the former president of the world SKAL International, Nik Račić, and dr.sc. Zlatan Fröhlich, President of the Croatian Chamber of Commerce Zagreb and President of the National Council Skål Croatia. The candidacy received the support of the Ministry of Tourism, the Croatian Tourist Board, the Croatian Chamber of Commerce, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Primorje-Gorski Kotar County, the cities of Rijeka and Opatija, as well as many other partners.SKÅL Club Kvarner was founded in 2010 thanks to Katica Hauptfeld, owner of the well-known travel agency Katarina line, which soon gathered around some of the most influential tourism workers in Kvarner and who together, projects and ideas quickly became noticed in Skål International circles at the international level. So this candidacy and getting the host of the congress in 2020 is largely due to her.It is expected that during this prestigious international event in 2020, Kvarner will have about 1.000 participants, including many owners of influential travel agencies and tour operators who will have the opportunity to show the tourist potential of the region and thus offer even more success in the future. our tourism facilities to their clients.SKÅL International, is an international organization of tourism managers with about 15.000 members gathered in over 500 clubs around the world and is the largest in the tourism sector. Members of SKÅL Club Kvarner are professionals in Kvarner tourism (hoteliers, agencies, tourist boards and others). Skål clubs Zagreb, Dubrovnik and Split still operate in Croatia.