Former FIFA Vice-President Jack Warner will know his fate on July 31 Embattled former Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association (CONCACAF) and FIFA vice president, Austin ‘Jack’ Warner has launched a US$40 million counter lawsuit against the regional football governing body and United States Soccer Federation (USSF) president Sunil Gulati.Warner’s counter comes just days after CONCACAF had announced that legal action, in the form of a US$20m lawsuit, was filed against Warner and former CONCACAF general secretary Chuck Blazer.In a statement released on Tuesday Warner, accused the body of persistent defamation and vowed to get justice.“I have left the CONCACAF since 2011. Why the CONCACAF will not leave my family and me alone is simply mind-boggling. CONCACAF football is at its lowest today and the current threat to sue Warner and Blazer for 20 million US is nothing more than a distraction to shift its pathetic current state away from the management of this Confederation,” the release stated.Warner is also the target of an extradition request by the United States to answer charges of corruption and money laundering He has accused CONCACAF of “vindictiveness” and claims the actions against him stem in part from the inability of the USA to acquire the hosting rights for the 2022 World Cup. He is currently fighting extradition.“All these false allegations filed in an American court simply because the USA did not obtain the votes to host a FIFA World Cup will fall to nought,” Warner said.“I have my name to protect and my family to defend and that I will do to the very end.I have been slaughtered for the past six years and have remained silent ignoring my legal options to respond to the atrocities that have been perpetrated against me by men of the lower ilk. And so the time has come for me to respond.”CONCACAF, has claimed it was victimized by Chuck Blazer, and Warner.Both men were charged in a FIFA bribery scandal.In papers filed earlier this week in federal court in Brooklyn, CONCACAF accuses Warner and Blazer of making a fortune through embezzlement — allegations that mirror those in a sprawling U.S. criminal investigation that has resulted in charges against several top soccer officials.The suit accuses the pair of negotiating bribes and kickbacks in connection with lucrative broadcasting rights for tournaments including CONCACAF’s Gold Cup championship.“There can be no doubt that Warner and Blazer victimized CONCACAF, stealing and defrauding it out of tens of millions of dollars in brazen acts of corruption for their own personal benefit at the expense of the entire CONCACAF region,” the suit says.Blazer has pleaded guilty and cooperated in the criminal probe.
Holness…called for end to child sex abuse Jamaica’s first lady, Juliet Holness, made an impassioned plea for the eradication of child sexual abuse at last Saturday’s Protect The Children Gala at Hyatt Regency in Fort Lauderdale.The wife of Jamaica’s prime minister Andrew Holness, was keynote speaker at the event.Citing statistics from the United Nations and UNICEF which showed millions of children throughout the world living in poverty and being sexually exploited, Holness noted that, “Child sexual abuse, like poverty, sickness and death, knows no boundaries.”Holness stressed the need for organizations like Save Our Boys And Girls Foundation, a non government organization she founded in Jamaica.It assists with educating and mentoring vulnerable children, ages 6 to eighteen.While her address was largely gender-free, the mother of two sons emphasized the importance of strong men to a stable society.With worldwide trends showing a worrying level of boys falling into criminality, she said: “We are running a serious risk of building broken men.”The gala’s second staging was presented by the Female Development World Organization and Kiwanis Club of Lauderhill. Three persons were honored for their work with South Florida’s endangered youth.They are: Pastor Marcus D. Davidson who received the International Leadership Award; Juliet Murphy Roulhac, the Humanitarian Award and Barbara Weinstein, Protect The Children Freedom Award.Holness received the inaugural Dr Rita Marley Ambassador Award from Mrs Marley, widow of reggae icon Bob Marley.
Guyana has launched a 16-day campaign aimed at the elimination of violence against women.“There have been too many brutal acts of violence against women and girls,” Social Protection Minister Amna Ally said, noting that the move to end violence against women is a social, political and civic duty of everyone.Must address gender inequalities“If we do not address gender inequalities and discrimination against women it will become almost impossible to accomplish Goal 5 of the sustainable development goals (SDGs), on achieving gender equality and empowering all women and girls thus, impeding the development of our nation.”Sexual Offences CourtThe government says together with its local and international partners, it has been implementing crucial mechanisms through the establishment of the Sexual Offences Court and the recent adoption of the Model Guidelines for Sexual Offences in the Caribbean.It said these will further facilitate the implementation of international conventions Guyana has ratified, in order for our domestic laws and plan of action to effectively tackle sexual and domestic violence.Ally noted that these model guidelines form part of a comprehensive approach to improve the management of sexual offence cases and the treatment of witnesses and survivors of sexual offences.Sixteen days of activismIn recognition of the ‘16 Days of Activism’, which officially started on Saturday, the Ministry of Social Protection in collaboration with its partners, will host several activities to raise public awareness and mobilise stakeholders throughout Guyana.The activities will be held under the theme, ‘Leave no one behind, let’s collaborate to eradicate gender-based violence”.
Video Credit: Twitter.comRelatedHighlight – Watch Man City’s Gabriel Jesus Miss Open Goal In Win Over TottenhamJuly 30, 2017In “England”UCL Review: Tottenham In Spirited Comeback At Juventus As Rampant City Close In On Last Eight Spot With Big WinFebruary 13, 2018In “Europe”Video – Watch Liverpool Beat Bayern Munich 3-0 In The Audi CupAugust 2, 2017In “England” Tottenham rounded up their pre-season campaign with an emphatic 2-0 victory over Seria A champions, Juventus.Last season’s Champions League finalist, Juventus, went behind in the 10th minute when Harry Kane headed home Trippier’s pinpoint cross after a well-worked movement from Spurs.What A Great Build Up Leading To Harry Kane’s 10th Minute Goal To Put Spurs Up 1-0 On Juventus! pic.twitter.com/Xk175zX9G4— DMV Soccer (@DMVsoccer96) August 5, 2017Christian Eriksen beautifully rounded Gigi Buffon in the 51st minute to double Spurs lead, connecting to a well threaded Dele Alli’s through ball.A truly beautiful goal from a truly beautiful man. ??⚽️ pic.twitter.com/0jME4x1ySf— KerryCOYS ? (@ElectricEriksen) August 5, 2017However, Spur’s right full back, Kieran Trippier picked up an injury and left the stadium in clutches, casting doubts over his availability for Tottenham’s season opener next week.
French defender Raphael Varane has penned a new five-year contract with European champions Real Madrid until 2022.Varane, 24, joined Real Madrid from French side Lens and has since become a mainstay in the Spanish champions’ starting XI.The French centre back has helped Real Madrid win three UEFA Champions League (UCL) titles in four years and has been rewarded with a new dealRaphael Varane, who has made seven appearances so far this season, signed his previous contract at Real Madrid in 2014 and it was due to expire in June 2020.RelatedLa Liga Preview: Dembele Set For Derby As Champions Hope To Bounce BackSeptember 9, 2017In “Spain”UCL: Lyon Stun Juventus, Man City Oust Real Madrid To Reach QuarterfinalAugust 7, 2020In “Europe”Five Things Neymar Wants Before Moving To Real MadridMarch 1, 2019In “France”
Related Liverpool lost further ground in the title race after they were forced to a 1-1 draw by hosts Newcastle United in their Matchday 7 English Premier League (EPL) clash at the Sports Direct Arena.Little Brazilian magician Philippe Coutinho scored a magnificent strike to give Liverpool the lead in the 29th minute but that lead didn’t last for long as Joselu capitalised on the uncertainty in the Reds’ backline to grab an equaliser for the home side nine minutes from the interval. The second half didn’t record any goal as both sides settled for a point apiece.With the result, Liverpool move from 8th to 7th position with 12 points from 7 games while Newcastle United remain in 9th spot after amassing 10 points from the first 7 league matches.
Share Related Articles Shona ODonnell, iGBiGB Affiliate (Clarion Gaming) provider of news and events for industry affiliate marketing and player acquisition services, has announced the schedule for the upcoming Nordic Affiliate Conference (NAC), which will feature many of the biggest names in Scandinavian gaming.Among the highlights of the two-day conference, which will be held at Stockholm’s Grand Hôtel between 6-7 April, will be panels on advertising and affiliate standards in the Nordics, an M&A masterclass and an analyst’s view of regulation in the region.The confirmed speakers include Better Collective’s business development director Marc Frank Pedersen, Danish Online Gambling Association CEO Morten Rønde and XLMedia CEO Ory Weihs.iGaming Business’ head of operations, Shona ODonnell, commented: “Launching our first dedicated, Nordics-focused affiliate event with such a blockbuster cast of speakers is hugely exciting, and we look forward to welcoming everyone to Stockholm in April.“The Nordics have long set the standard for excellence in gaming, and with many of those leading this charge in attendance at NAC, the event will quickly become one of the most important dates on the calendar.”NAC will be hosted as a lounge-style event, enabling delegates to network in a more intimate and fluid way. The event will kick off with a welcome networking dinner on the evening of April 6. You can find out more, or register to attend the event here: http://po.st/wF6sEF. StumbleUpon Mobile Carrier Billing: Gambling operators could be losing up to 70% of revenues July 8, 2020 Submit Irish Greyhound Board orders Sportech Tote upgrade February 12, 2020 Share Stoiximan dominates first-ever Betarades Greek Bookmaker Awards January 24, 2020
Share Lorenzo Pellegrino,Irish betting group McBride Racing Ltd has confirmed that Income Access (Paysafe Group) has become the lead affiliate marketing platform supplier for its new MintBet (MintBet.com) online casino and sportsbook brand.Updating the market, McBride Racing will launch a new MintBet affiliate partner programme this November, utilising Income Access tailored industry marketing software.New online betting brand MintBet was launched at the start of 2017, with McBride Racing securing Ireland and UK gambling licenses for its new property.Detailing its affiliate programme launch, MintBet marketing states that it will scale up marketing activity in 2018, as the brand seeks to expand within the ultra-competitive Irish and UK betting markets.Commenting on marketing initiatives, Thomas McBride, Head of Marketing at MintBet, said: “Income Access’ reputation in the iGaming affiliate marketing technology space is unparalleled, so they were the obvious choice of network provider for driving the launch of our new affiliate programme. The software’s sophisticated reporting functionality and large network of affiliates will provide strong support for enhanced player acquisition.”Lorenzo Pellegrino, CEO of Income Access and Digital Wallets at Paysafe, backs MintBet’s market ambitions and initiatives, welcoming the brand to Income Access platform.“We look forward to seeing our affiliate network play an instrumental role in growing the MintBet brand via the affiliate marketing channel. Our technology solutions have a strong track record in expanding innovative sports-betting brands like MintBet into new markets, especially the UK.” StumbleUpon Related Articles Paddy Power to reopen English & Irish betting shops in Royal Ascot week June 10, 2020 Irish bookmakers demand clarity on reopening orders June 17, 2020 Submit Irish bookmakers to reopen on 29 June May 28, 2020 Share
Irish football club Limerick has announced a new partnership with Turkish online betting firm BetSat.com.The League of Ireland Premier Division outfit see’s the online sportsbook and casino service become the clubs main sponsor, and will duly have its logo emblazoned across all first team jerseys.Pat O’Sullivan, the Limerick chairman, has thanked the company for its backing, and stressed that he hopes it will see relationships with Turkey continue to be built upon: “We are delighted to welcome BetSat.com as our main sponsor and are looking forward to building our relationship with them, as well as broadening our links with Turkey in both a sporting and cultural sense.“Limerick FC is a club built on the community, which is shown in our Reclaim programme, and it will be good to showcase the club and city to a wider audience across Europe and beyond.”BetSat.com who states its aim as being ‘for the best betting and casino experience in the world,’ as well as stating ‘Whatever you’re looking for [in] online betting, Betsat.com offers the best quality within [a] secure environment,’ had the following to say when announcing the partnership: “We are delighted to announce our partnership with Limerick FC. This partnership underlines our position as a leading player of online sports betting in Europe and the Middle East.“We are excited to engage with the passionate Limerick fan-base, and to be associated with one of the oldest and most successful clubs in Ireland, which will help us achieve our aim of making BetSat a worldwide name, not just in Europe and the Middle East.”In a duo of announcements Limerick has also added a further update, by revealing Umbro as its new kit supplier.The four year deal see the brand return to the side, having previously enjoyed a relationship with the club on a similar deal. StumbleUpon Intralot rocked by Bulgaria Eurobet suspension June 5, 2020 Submit New look Intralot focuses on core business recovery May 5, 2020 GVC responds to ‘press speculation’ on former Turkish business July 30, 2020 Related Articles Share Share
The Gambling Commission is considering reviewing the licence of five online casino operators over money laundering and social responsibility controls and has written to a further 12 online casino operators to raise concerns about the sector’s approach to anti-money laundering and social responsibility.In the letter the Commission set out how it expects operators to review all of their processes aimed at tackling money laundering and meeting their social responsibility obligations.This follows a thematic review of the sector to consider how well operators are meeting their current obligations. Due to the serious nature of our findings, the Commission revealed have already begun investigations into 17 online operators, and are considering whether five of these require a licence review.Sarah Harrison, Gambling Commission Chief Executive, said: “It is vital that the gambling industry takes its duty to protect consumers and keep crime out of gambling seriously. The Gambling Commission’s new strategy sets out our vision for a fairer and safer gambling market. The action we are taking to examine online casino operators’ compliance with money laundering and customer interaction requirements is just one example of how we will be relentless in turning that vision into reality.“As the online sector continues to grow, and now accounts for a third of the British gambling market, it is right that we maintain a sharp focus on online gambling. That is why in addition to our work on compliance among online casino operators, we have also been conducting a wider ranging review of online gambling looking at how the market has evolved and to identify where further action can be taken to make gambling fairer and safer for consumers.” StumbleUpon Share Danish regulator warns 888 over AML concerns December 4, 2019 Submit Online casino on “strong footing” to absorb live sports return June 19, 2020 Share Danish gambling levels fall during lockdown May 13, 2020 Related Articles